The Surrogate Process
Family Choice wants to be sure each step in the process is clearly understood, beginning with helping you decide if you meet the basic gestational surrogate qualifications. The process to become a surrogate may seem complex and even overwhelming, but our guides will walk you through every step.
Qualifications for becoming a gestational surrogate are:
- Ages 21-45
- Has delivered a child of their own
- Citizen, legal resident or legally allowed in
- Healthy, with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of no higher than 34
- No recreational drug use or alcohol abuse
- No implant birth control within last 6 months
- Have at least one child actively raising or have raised
- Does not participate in any government or public financial aid programs
- Has reliable transportation to medical appointments (may be out of state)
- No criminal history (also applies to spouse/partner)
- Financially stable
- Leads a stable and responsible lifestyle
Our guides will walk you through the entire process and will be with you every step of the way. If you are interested in applying to be surrogate, please complete our application.
Exclusive benefits Family Choice provides:
- Gestational Carriers will receive family and estate planning to ensure their family is protected throughout the journey.
- All surrogates will be provided a life insurance policy to safeguard their family.
- Carriers choose their own compensation. We don’t believe in a “one size fits all” approach to compensation. We will assist you with choosing a compensation package that’s right for you.
Are you ready to begin your journey? If you are interested in applying to be surrogate, please complete our application.
Some of the services that Family Choice provides:
Qualification and Matching
Your surrogacy journey begins with the qualification process that includes assessments on your qualifications, including medical and mental health review, criminal background checks and your health insurance review. You will also complete our matching preferences documentation to assist finding your right match with our rigorous matching process.
Upon successful screening process, Family Choice will facilitate matching with intended parent(s) by scheduling a conference call. If the Surrogate and Intended Parent(s) believe they are a good fit, they will then meet (in person or via Skype) to determine whether they would like to begin their journey together.
FCS will work with Intended Parent(s) to fund an escrow account, and then the parties will begin the legal contract phase with an attorney specializing in reproductive law. The contract governs all aspects of the surrogacy journey and covers a multitude of topics, from the number of embryo transfers to payments and
After the contract has been signed by both parties, the Surrogate moves forward with medical preparation for the embryo transfer. This typically involves medications to regulate your cycle, a mock transfer cycle, and the embryo(s) transfer. Family Choice will be there every step of the
Establishment of Parentage
If the transfer is successful and the parties achieve pregnancy, it is important for the Intended Parents to properly establish their legal parentage in the state where the child will be born. Family Choice will facilitate this process with the Intended Parent’s legal counsel to establish prior to the child(ren) being born.
Complete our Gestational Surrogate Application today!