Become a Surrogate
There are many emotional and physical aspects to consider when choosing to become a surrogate. Giving the gift of parenthood to another couple or individual is an amazing and selfless gift. It is a choice that must not be taken lightly, and we hope the information you find here will help you decide if surrogacy
is right for you.
Choosing an agency with which to partner is an important first step when deciding to become a surrogate. At Family Choice, our staff has worked with surrogates, agencies, and intended parents for many years. We understand the journey from all perspectives and are therefore able to guide you through the best choices for you, your family, and all of those involved. Learn more about the Family Choice difference!
Unlike many agencies, Family Choice does not employ legal counsel who represents the intended parents. We work with independent legal partners to ensure all parties are represented, enabling us to remain a neutral guide for all involved.
Please view our Surrogate Process page to learn more about the requirements and the process to become a gestational surrogate with Family Choice.
If you are ready to move forward, please complete a preliminary application.
Family Choice wants to be sure each step in the process is clearly understood, beginning with helping you decide if you meet the basic gestational surrogate qualifications. The process to become a surrogate may seem complex and even overwhelming, but our guides will walk you through every step.
Qualifications for becoming a gestational surrogate are:
- Ages 21-45
- Has delivered a child of their own they are actively raising or have raised
- Citizen, legal resident, or legally allowed to live in the U.S.
- Healthy, with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of no higher than 34
- No recreational drug use or alcohol abuse
- No implant birth control within last 6 months
- Previous healthy pregnancy and delivery
- Does not participate in any government or public financial aid programs
- Has reliable transportation to medical appointments (may be out of state)
- No criminal history (also applies to spouse/partner)
- Financially stable
- Leads a stable and responsible lifestyle
Exclusive Benefits for our Carriers
- Comprehensive education program to ensure the surrogate is educated, and prepared for her journey.
- Personal support and guidance from FCS staff and their surrogate mentor.
- Carriers choose their own compensation. We don’t believe in a “one size fits all” approach to compensation. We will assist you with choosing a compensation package that’s right for you.