What Surrogates Want: A Holiday Gift-Giving Guide to Fit Any Budget
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, again, the season of giving! And, although Intended Parents are not expected to purchase a gift for their surrogate, you may find yourself wanting to honor her with a present this holiday season. While the pressure to find the perfect gift can be daunting, Family Choice Surrogacy is here with a holiday gift-giving guide to help you find the perfect gift idea.
Prior to gifting, consider your relationship with the Surrogate and whether a gift would be appropriate. If you are still getting to know each other, then perhaps hold off until you’ve built a stronger connection. But, if your relationship has grown close, here is “What Surrogates Want: A Holiday Gift-Giving Guide to Fit Any Budget.”
Gifts That Cost You Nothing
- A thoughtfully written Christmas card – The best gift is one from the heart. Spend some time writing a heartfelt message to your surrogate to show her how much you care.
- Free Babysitting! – If you live nearby to the surrogate, offer to watch her children for a few hours at no charge! A few hours could allow her to take a much-needed nap, finish her holiday shopping, get a manicure, or have a date with her spouse.
Surrogacy Pregnancy Planner – Track the pregnancy from transfer to delivery.
Transfer socks are a fun way to acknowledge the special day.
Surrogate Mug – Give her the perfect way for her to enjoy her tea or coffee.
Morning sickness/nausea drink – Get her relief for her pregnancy-related nausea.
Pinkstork Pregnancy Flakes – Help her alleviate pregnancy aches, pains, morning sickness, and more!
- Surrogacy Sweatshirt – This is such a cute way to help spread the love that is surrogacy.
- Tummy Butter – Gift this organic blend to soothe her skin and minimize stretch marks.
- Fuzzy Slippers – Give her a soft and cozy treat for her feet.
- Pregnancy Tea Sampler – This sampler contains 9 delicious flavors for every phase, served up in a lovely box.
Budget: $50 – $100
- Honest Pregnant + Pampered Gift Set – These made-for-mama faves will keep her #mombod (self)cared for during pregnancy and beyond.
- Frida Mom Labor and Delivery + Postpartum Recovery Kit – This is the motherlode of labor and recovery must-haves.
- Blanqi Maternity Belly Support Tanktop – Varying degrees of compression create targeted support whilst the flexible belly panel expands with her for the perfect balance between support and comfort.
- Leachco Snoogle Chic Supreme Pregnancy Pillow is uniquely designed by a Registered Nurse and Mom to follow the natural contour and shape of her body from head to toe.
- Send a Meal – Grab her a gift certificate for DoorDash, UberEats or GrubHub! Who doesn’t love dinner delivered to the door?
- Spa day – Most spas have a prenatal package. It is extremely important to disclose to the spa that the client is expecting. They will take special precautions with the types of massages and products that will be used during her treatments.
- Maternity Photo Session – A special gift that will benefit both Surrogate and Intended Parents would be a maternity photo session. This photo shoot would capture the baby bump and the joining of two families that are bringing this new life into the world, a keepsake that all can enjoy for a lifetime.