As they say, this is the season of giving! It is that wonderful time of the year when the pressure to find the perfect gift can really become daunting for some. Family Choice Surrogacy is here to help you find the perfect gift idea this holiday season.
Before we get started, please note that it is not expected for an Intended Parent to purchase a gift for their Surrogate. Prior to gifting take the time to consider where you are in your relationship with the Surrogate. If it is in the beginning steps, then perhaps hold off until it is more appropriate. If your relationship has grown closer, then it might feel completely natural to want to give her a holiday present this year.
- A thoughtfully written Christmas card. Sometimes the best gift you can offer is one from the heart. Spend some quality time writing a heartfelt message to her. It will really go a long way to show her that you care.
- If you live close to the surrogate, offer to watch her children for a few hours for free! A few hours could allow her to take a much-needed nap, finish shopping for Christmas, get a manicure, or have a date with her spouse.
- A Surrogacy Pregnancy Planner – this could help both the Intended Parents and the Surrogate track the pregnancy from transfer to delivery.
- Transfer socks – a fun way to acknowledge the special day.
- Surrogate Mug – a perfect way for her to enjoy her tea or coffee.
- Morning sickness/nausea drink – Relief for pregnancy-related nausea.
- Cute Surrogacy sweatshirt – to help spread the love that is surrogacy.
- Belly butter – an organic blend to soothe the skin and minimize stretch marks.
- Fuzzy Slippers – soft and cozy treat for the feet
- DoorDash or GrubHub gift certificate. Who doesn’t love dinner delivered to the door?
- Spa day! If you call around to local spas you will find that most have a prenatal package. It is extremely important to disclose to the spa that the client is expecting. They will take special precautions with the types of massages and products that will be used during her treatments.
- A special gift that will benefit both Surrogate and Intended Parents would be a maternity photo session. This photo shoot would capture the baby bump and the joining of two families that are bringing this new life into the world. A keepsake that all can enjoy for a lifetime.
No matter if you decide to gift big or small, the kindness of your gesture will always be remembered. It is always the thought behind the gift that matters the most.